Monday, October 15, 2012

Stand up for Katalina!

The Stand up for Katalina charity has been an incredible outpouring of love from the fandom. As always, I stand in awe of the generosity and kindness of this amazing group of people.

 Katalina's bavery and grace in the face of her illness inspired this story for me. I deeply enjoyed writing it and I hope you guys enjoy reading it.

If you'd like to get a copy, along with stories from dozens of awesome fanfiction authors, donate here.

There's a teaser on the site, but I thought I'd give you just a little bit more....


Alice thinks her introverted sister, Bella, needs to get out and enjoy life, so she signs her up for tango lessons. Thanks to a sexy, hands-on instructor, Bella will learn more than the steps.

He pushed play and the music began. “Because, Bella, I’ve never met a person who needed to dance more than you did.”
“You felt sorry for me?” The words were like a sharp needle, stabbing into her heart.
“No. I wanted to be there when it happened. Because I knew it would be glorious.” He extended a hand. “Dance with me.”
It was a request she could never deny.
“We’re going to try something new,” he told her. “Do you trust me?”
She did. God help her, she did. She nodded and he smiled again. “All right. I’m going to dip you back, lowering you down. I want you to curl one leg around mine. We’ll go slow.”
He took her into his arms and, as always, her heart sped up. As if he knew it, he smiled softly, and brushed a tendril of hair back from her cheek. “Here we go.”
He lowered her, slowly, as he’d promised. Bella used her right leg to brace herself and curled the left around his legs. “What do I do with my arms?” she murmured. They were currently locked on his shoulders.
“Let go,” he said softly.
She did, and it was so deliciously freeing to feel her body completely supported by his arms, knowing that she was utterly safe within them. Slowly, Bella lifted her arms until they were behind her head and she let her head fall back. He made a small sound and she sensed, more than felt it, when he lowered his head and brushed his lips across the vulnerable column of her throat. As lightly as the brush of butterfly wings, like the kiss of a summer breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment