Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Story for the "Bella's Insane" Contest

I posted my new one-shot tonight. The title is "Savior" and it's a horror story of what happened to Bella after the breakup in New Moon, if there had never been a cliff-diving/suicide-by-Volturi incident. Edward doesn't return in this story until seven years later, when Alice has an involuntary vision of what Bella has been up to. And it ain't pretty.

This story is my first attempt to write in present tense, and in first-person. And, being me, I had to tackle both of those categories in the same story. It presented a lot of challenges, including a plot bunny that hopped away for a couple of days without filling me in on the ending. Luckily, it came back and I was able to finish the story tonight.

I think I did better this time with unfolding the "info dump" throughout the story, instead of one clumsy chunk of text. Practice makes perfect, or so they say, and I don't expect to ever reach perfect, but I may get better. These contests are fun, and so was writing "Crazy Bella."

No comments:

Post a Comment