Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"The Selkie Wife" Returns!

My Fandom 4 LLS story is a Selkie Wife sequel.


 "I will find you again, my love." As one life ends, another begins. True love never dies.

For twenty years, Bella has searched for Edward. She finally discovers him again, in the New Plymouth Colony. Will Edward's soul remember hers? Will he fall in love with his selkie wife again as they build another life together in this new world?





Sneak peek:


“Edward.”

He heard the soft voice behind him and turned to see a woman standing behind him. She was tiny, the top of her head barely reaching the center of his chest. Dark hair peeked from under the edge of her white linen cap and the huge eyes in her heart-shaped face were equally dark, but as soft and gentle as a doe’s.

Edward bowed and quickly retrieved his doublet from the stump where he’d left it. He’d taken it off to work in his shirt and he blushed slightly to be seen in such a state of undress in the presence of a lady. And a lady she must be, for her light blue gown was made of soft, fine wool and her slender white hands bore no callouses.

She gazed at him expectantly and Edward’s blush deepened a bit. “I beg pardon, Madame,” he said. “You have me at a disadvantage.”

Sadness settled over her and she dropped her eyes. “I had hoped you would recognize me.”

The strangest thing was that he did, in some deep recess of his mind. He tried hard to place her, for surely if he had ever met such an enchanting creature, he would have remembered. Still, she seemed familiar in some way, like a forgotten word dancing on the tip of one’s tongue. “Your pardon, my lady,” he repeated.

“I am Bella,” she said and gave a small curtsey when he bowed again, an automatic action which told him that his assumptions of her status had been correct. “I have searched for you.”

“For me? Wherefore would you—“ He stopped, for a strange fragment of a memory, like a recollection of a long-ago dream flitted through his mind. He saw Bella, though she was dressed in a jewel-encrusted gown with a wide lace ruff framing her neck and shoulders. He blinked and the vision – if that’s what it was – vanished.

“Your heart remembers, even if your mind does not,” Bella said. “Your soul knows mine, Edward.”  She reached out and took his hand into hers and he felt a strange tingle pass along his nerves. 

8 comments:

  1. Lissa, thank you for bringing back a new Selkie Wife. One of my favorite Edwards and Bellas. She never forget him and now she can find a new life with this Edward. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to this sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *squeal* Exciting!1 Can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic, I loved TSW :-) I remember, Selkies believe in reincarnation. I need to read this!

    It's awesome that you invest your time to help to collect money for cancer research. This cause is near to my heart!
    My daughter fought against AML successfully when she was a little girl. The treatment lasted over three years, including bone marrow transplant. Since that time, I truly appreciate the solid health care system in my home country, nobody has to be worried about treatment expenses. Sadly, the U.S. and most other countries are far from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cause close to my heat as well. When I was fourteen, my best friend died of cancer.

      Fortunately, St. Jude's Hospital gave her treatment for free. Her family never could have afforded it. Another charity covered the family's lodging and travel expenses to take her to Tennessee for the treatments. St. Jude's will always have a special place in my heart for all that they did for her.

      Ultimately, she lost the battle, but she'll always live on in my heart and memory.

      Delete
  5. Are you going to update on fanfiction or the writer's coffee shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be posted on the end of "The Selkie Wife" as soon as the all-clear date passes. It's usually a couple of months after the compilation comes out.

      Delete