Friday, March 23, 2012

A Love Letter, To You

To you, my readers,

How can I express how grateful I am to you? Words have always been my friends, but at this moment, they desert me, because they do not seem large enough to convey the depths of my gratitude.

You have given me a gift that so few people ever receive, a dream that becomes reality for only a small number of writers. It was because of you, your enthusiasm, your support, your efforts at promoting my stories that I came to the attention of a publisher. I've learned that my book will be coming out this fall, and I needed to tell you how much your support has meant to me. I owe everything to the Twilight fanfiction community.

Your reviews have been so kind. I've enjoyed the participation, reading your speculations on what will happen next, and your reactions to the plot. I sincerely never imagined that so many people would enjoy my stories, or that I would be the recipient of such praise.

And what can I say about the PMs you send me? They touch me deeply, that someone would take the time to send me a note to let me know how my stories made them feel. I've written to very few writers in my day, and when I did, it was because something about their story spoke to my heart. The thought that I'm able to do the same for a reader is both humbling and exhilarating.


I'll never leave you. This is the nest where I learned to fly. You embraced me. You supported me. Sometimes, chided me. You helped me grow and gave me opportunities I never imagined possible. How could I leave such a supportive network? My new fanfiction story will be starting soon, a small "gift" to you that I hope, in some small way, repays some of what I have been given.

With love, with appreciation,
Lissa




15 comments:

  1. Lissa, I'm so glad we met.

    You're talented, bright, brilliant, kind and...a lot of many other good things :)

    I wish you all the best,

    - Raum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Raum. You were one of those who promoted my stories and talked me into writing those articles. If you hadn't done that, I probably would never have started this blog, because I'm still half-convinced I don't have anything interesting to say.

      I'm so glad we met, too. You're one of the stars in my sky.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read your original work Doll. I've loved your fanfic and am really excited for you. Thank YOU so much for sharing your creativity. Luff!

    -james

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lissa, I'm so glad that your hard, beautiful work has paid off! You are a rare find (a diamond in the dirt) your mind is beautiful, your spirit is giving, your heart is kind. Not many deserve the accomplishment of being noticed by a publisher you are one of the few. I have enjoyed every one of your work. (Well I haven't read one but you know I'm working up to it, lol :0)) So congrats again on being noticed I can't wait to read an original Lissa Bryan piece.

    Tami Putvin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those kind thoughts.

      I wouldn't think of the FF community as the dirt. More, perhaps, a rich, fertile soil that has given many talented writers a place to grow and bloom.

      I stand on the shoulders of giants.

      Delete
    2. Opps can I retract part of that statement I didn't mean any AUTHOR, any one who has the guts to share their work any where is never dirt. Not at all what I meant by that I just meant that you are a rare treasure. *Takes both feet out of mouth*

      Delete
    3. *chuckles* That's okay, hon. I knew you meant no disrespect to the FF community.

      Delete
  4. Oh, heartiest and most well-deserved congratulations! I can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray and congratulations! your FF works are so original and beautiful that i know your original work will be even more insightful and terrific reads. and thank you for sticking with us as long as you can. i still love me some edward and bella stories. :) like your other reviewer ... am working up to your ExA, BxEm stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My upcoming story "Dark Goddess" is an Edward and Bella story. And Jacob.

      Delete
  6. I did a happy dance when reading your accomplishment. [fist pump]What a thrill to know that you have been acknowledged by a publisher. I share in all the kudos as written above by other fans. Please let us know what your published story is about and when it will be available. You know your readership will be 100 percent supportive on anything you write or publish. Is the story going to be ebook only? Or hard copy? Be proud; we are too for you.

    A Way With Words3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I understand, it will be available as e-book, paper copy and even an audiobook version.

      I'm not sure quite yet what I'm allowed to say, but I'll tell you that it's a romance (of course!) and a ghost story.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, sweetie, it was only a matter of time. I'll be waiting to click the mouse to buy that story. I'm glad it's coming out in paper, because that's what I love best. Wishing you every happiness!

    Hugs,

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess. If I recall correctly, you're embarking on your own publishing adventure, aren't you? Thank you for your kind thoughts and good luck to you, as well. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Lissa. I was asked by a publisher to submit an original work. It's in their hands and hopefully, they will like it. Nothing's been signed yet, but I'm hopeful. Thanks for your kindness. I'll let you know when it happens.

      xoox
      Jess

      Delete