Thursday, March 8, 2012

Greetings and salutations!

I'm Lissa Bryan, author of the fanfiction stories Written in the Stars, The Selkie Wife, The Better Angels of Our Nature and a couple of others no one has ever heard of.

I've made the jump to "real author" (ala the Velveteen Rabbit) and have just submitted my manuscript for an original fiction novel.

Though I'm making the jump to publishing, I will not be taking down any of my fanfiction stories, nor will I cease writing for the FF community.

I hope those of you who have enjoyed my stories will come along for the ride. I'm not exactly sure where we're going, but I'm betting it's going to be a lot of fun getting there!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your work in original fiction! Super stoked for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm really excited about the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I loved your fanfic stories and can't wait to read an original fic from you. I love seeing my favorite fanfic authors getting published. Can you tell us anything about it? Is it a time period fic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure yet what I'm allowed to reveal, but it's a ghost story and part of it is set during WWI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm interested already! I just got back from Europe where we did a WWI battlefield tour. Very interesting and moving. I have always been interested in this era.

      Delete
  5. Your FF stories are completely unique and delicious! I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to read an original fiction from you. Writing is obviously a natural talent of yours and I wish you all the luck in the world, Lissa.

    ReplyDelete